Added VRAM in 2400c

Antonio Malcolm ironhawk at mac.com
Fri Dec 5 23:34:15 PST 2003

I no longer have the URL, as I saved the page as a PDF, in Safari.  It
seemed like the best idea at the time, as the page was in japanese, and
I had to translate it through another web page. The translation was
incredibly rough, to say the least, but the photos were good, so saving
as PDF has enabled me plenty of time to figure out the translation, at
my own leisure. I'm more than happy to mail the PDF, should anyone
request it.

Just an update, tho, the guy I purchased my dead logic board from sent
me a 2300c, instead of a 2400c. I have no idea how similar the pieces
between the two are, but I'll check my AppleTech info, and also the
info on the VRAM chips to find out. if they're not compatible, I'll
have to either send the board back for an exchange, or continue looking
for a dead 2400, or even dead 3400, for parts. BTW, anyone here happen
to have one of those?

To finally get to my point ;-P.....I'm not sure how this hack would
apply to a 2300, tho I do seem to now have a board from one in my
possession. I will say however, from looking at the board, that there
doesn't seem to be room for added VRAM. The 2400 is based on the 3400
logic board. The 3400 logic board has room for 2mb of VRAM, only half
of which is installed on the 2400, leaving room to add more.

-Antonio