Various 2400c Questions

CJPV c_j_p_v at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 06:19:27 PST 2003

It's been several years since I have posted; it's nice to know this helpful list is still around
for the classic Duos and the 2400c :-)

Having just bought a 2400c, I had a few questions regarding it. Couldn't find anything related on
the archives, so I thought I'd throw them out to the list.

1.) Several Japanese modders have applied Scotchmaster adhesive film to their laptops with great
success. After trying to locate it through 3M's site, I was unsuccessful..  I know that 3M does
sell colored adhesive film for just such a purpose, as I have seen it used in automobile
applications for lamps, etc. Any thoughts on this? Applying a colored film to my 2400c would be a
lot easier than having to dissect it and paint it. Which leads to question #2...

2.) Has anyone tried to use Krylon Fusion paint on their 2400c? This is a new type of paint,
designed specifically for all types of plastics. To view the colors, hit this link:
<http://www.ne-design.net/rain-barrel-paint.html>
I remember that the main problem several years ago with painting was the tremendous amount of work
involved in getting the paint to stay on. This seems to have solved it.

3.)Any recommedations for USB 1.0, USB 2.0, and Firewire cards for the 2400c? I know that my 2400c
has to be Cardbus enabled.

4.) If I stick any of the aforementioned Cardbus cards into a non-Cardbus 2400c, what will the
result be?

Thanks to all!!