Various 2400c Questions

Antonio Malcolm ironhawk at mac.com
Mon Dec 15 19:06:07 PST 2003

To answer question one, the adhesive vinyls most recommended to me by
other modders are those found at various hobby shops. If you have a
model R/C shop nearby, I would start there, as they carry such...an
auto hobby shop would also be likely to carry such.

The hobby shops also bring me to an answer for question two: steer
clear of Krylon. Not that it's a bad paint; there are just better
choices, the best of which is Pactra, a polycarbonate-based paint. You
definitely want to sand the surface of your 2400's casing down first.
After that, lay down a thin layer of paint, allow it to dry, sand it,
then add a second thin layer. You may even want a third layer. Remember
to keep the layers as thin as possible, which is to say, not so thin
that you rub through them in sanding, but thin sanded layers will
result in a cleaner, glossier, more resilient finish. I believe the
best grit for such a purpose is 600? It's been a while since I've done
this (I did this last with my S900 Tower), so feel free to correct me,
folks, if I'm off on this.

Trying to make cardbus cards work in an unmodded 2400 is a no-go. VERY
bad idea, especially considering the cardbus hack is as simple as it
is. If you are willing to take your Comet apart to paint it, you may as
well enable it for cardbus cards.