[Duo2400] Various 2400c Questions

Harbourmaster san2c at speakeasy.net
Mon Dec 15 20:13:20 PST 2003

At 06:19 AM 12/15/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>1.) Several Japanese modders have applied Scotchmaster adhesive film to
>their laptops with great
>success. After trying to locate it through 3M's site, I was
>unsuccessful..  I know that 3M does
>sell colored adhesive film for just such a purpose, as I have seen it used
>in automobile
>applications for lamps, etc. Any thoughts on this? Applying a colored film
>to my 2400c would be a
>lot easier than having to dissect it and paint it. Which leads to question
>#2...

Try your local Auto Paint Store for the 3M film.

>2.) Has anyone tried to use Krylon Fusion paint on their 2400c?

I have not painted a complete PowerBook, but as a test I recently revived
and "Recolored" an Apple Adjustable Keyboard and an ADB Mouse II using the
Fusion Paint (Spring Grass color) just to see how durable it would be.

I have been using the keyboard and mouse now for several weeks without any
signs of wear and it appears to be quite resistant to scratching.

No sanding was required just a good cleaning to insure that there would be
no dropouts or fisheye's in the finish.

I also did a coverage test on a small piece of a Duo and found that three
light coats of paint was sufficient to cover the grey plastic. Using a
lighter color of paint may of course require more coats.

A Picture of the keyboard is
here  <http://homepage.mac.com/mmsan2c/PhotoAlbum1.html>  sorry no pic's of
the mouse yet.

  --