[Duo2400] Re: Various 2400c Questions

ElBrio at aol.com ElBrio at aol.com
Tue Dec 16 05:10:17 PST 2003

In a message dated 12/15/03 11:14:05 PM, san2c at speakeasy.net writes:

<< >1.) Several Japanese modders have applied Scotchmaster adhesive film to
>their laptops with great
>success. After trying to locate it through 3M's site, I was
>unsuccessful..  I know that 3M does
>sell colored adhesive film for just such a purpose, as I have seen it used
>in automobile
>applications for lamps, etc. Any thoughts on this? Applying a colored film
>to my 2400c would be a
>lot easier than having to dissect it and paint it. Which leads to question
>#2... >>

Heh....you should see my bro-in-law's Sony!  Try some of the pro auto
graphics guys....3M does not sell their high end products to the GP, as they can be a
bear to work with.  The auto graphics guys use the 3M tapes and you can
probably get roll ends for free.  The vinyl comes in rolls up to 4' wide....you
should see some of the custom bikes and cars he's done.  Tape is VERY strong and
resists damage rather well.  Check with whichever local auto dealer who has
the most tricked out graphics, and see if you can find their graphics guy.  I
helped a guy stripe his airplane with that tape....use pure alcohol to wipe down
the surface (a very fine sandpapering will also allow  good bonding) and make
sure you've got it in the right spot!

Andrew