Dead Daughtercard in 2400c

Antonio Malcolm ironhawk at mac.com
Thu Dec 25 21:29:27 PST 2003

After checking nearly all the fuses in my Comet (I can't find F1 on the
Power Manager.....help me out, if you know where it is), I think I may
have a dead daughter card.

Another member brought this question up in a private email: "What
constitutes a dead processor?" I would presume bad resistors, but which
ones are most likely to fry? I bring this up, as there seems to be a
great deal of discussion about it lately. I have found that testing
resistors is quite different from testing fuses ( sorry to rehash the
obvious ). I recently purchased a Radio Shack Digital Multimeter, and
wonder if I can use it to test resistors as well as fuses. I've fiddled
around with it a bit, and have found that different resistors in a
series complete a circuit, but until I know exactly how they work
together, I may as well be a dog, chasing his own tail, as I am a bit
out of my league.

If anyone has a schematic, or can email a brief explanation to help me
along, I would greatly appreciate it, as I would love to resurrect this
machine. Or maybe I'll just see if the 180-200mhz overclock will get it
working, as well as get it working faster   ;-P

Better yet, I'll just apply gobs of solder, and it can serve
double-duty as a space heater!! HA!
Just kidding   ;-)

Thanx for any advice, and I sincerely hope you are all having an
enjoyable holiday season!

-Antonio