powerbook 2400c for parts

Paul Miller pauljosephmiller at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 26 13:02:11 PST 2003

Hi All,

I have spent too much time trying to troubleshoot my
powerbook 2400c when I should have sent it to DT&T for
repair.  Now I can't see doing this-  I have too many
computers in the house to spend anymore on this one.
So I'll sell it for parts or repair.

The problem:
It had a thermal shutdown about a year ago (running IE
wirelessly while sitting on a blanket).  Then GLOD.
Then rebooted but it seemed to "lock up" during the
ram check.  It had a 96mb and I thought that was the
problem.  Tossed it (shouldn't have).  Bought a 64mb.
Didn't work.  Bought a 96mb. Didn't work.  Both rams
are new without damage.  With the ram out 16mb was not
enough to even boot Os 9.1.  So I booted from the CD,
change virtual memory and it runs everything, just too
slow.

The goods:
One powerbook 2400c.  normal wear but nicely kept,
body intact, not cracks,etc.  Screen is perfect.
Original drive.  Yu keyboard (right arrow key doesn't
make contact).  Speaker intact, port cover intact.

One external CD plus SCSI cable.

Three batteries Aprrox 45,60,90 min charges.
NO power cable (keeping it for the iBook).

Both rams. 64mb and 96mb NEW!

Old case (will protect/package well during mailing).

Other stuff?  I'll look through the boxes.

If you are interested please email me OFF LIST.
All reasonable offers will be considered.

Paul
pauljosephmiller at yahoo.com