[Duo2400] 2300c External CD ROM

Matt Halter smhalter at cplx.net
Thu Feb 13 14:26:32 PST 2003

On Thursday, February 13, 2003, at 09:53  AM, Raymond P Reedy wrote:

> It will not boot from the CD using the "C" key at startup or using the
> Startup Control Panel. Is this normal?

It's been 4 years since I gave my 2300 away so my memory may be fuzzy
but as I recall only CD drives with Apple rom can be used to boot.
Getting an apple drive would probably let you boot.

As far as getting your music CD's recognized, try powering up the drive
before booting the 2300.  Or visa versa.  It could also be a
termination problem.  SCSI chains need to be terminated on the end.
The drive may have built in termination that needs turned on, you may
have to do some research into it's pin settings.

I hope some of this helps and isn't off base.  Keep me posted with your
progress.

Matt Halter