[Duo2400] Re: Duo 230 Router Anyone?

Scott Holder ncc1701 at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 18 22:37:35 PST 2003

At 10:45 PM 2/18/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>http://www.maconlinux.org/
>
>Only the 2300c will be able to do this trick, since MoL requires a PowerPC
>processor. And even then, there's no mention on MoL's site how well it
>works with older (NuBus) kernels.. YMMV.
>
>Besides, running linux on a 68k machine is dog slow. I've tried it, it
>isn't pretty. And that was on a Quadra 660av!
>
>Or, might I suggest the excellent Hotline or Carracho clients for less
>than legal needs..?
>
>HTH,
>Andy

I beg to differ. I have two Linux servers running on LC475s and a third on
a Quadra 840AV. One LC475 does about 3 gigs of traffic a week and the 840AV
does 25-30 gigs a month or so, without batting an eye. Plus I use one of
the LC475 as a polyserver of sorts with DNS (bind), e-mail (exim/qpopper),
and a couple other things.

Running X is dog slow, yes, but it's quite usable in console.

I've even got it to boot on my Duo 280c, but ran into FPU (or lack thereof)
related problems. It worked though :)

Scott Holder