[Duo2400] Re: Screwdriver/Torx for 230 case?

Randy & Cheyanne charan at centurytel.net
Sat Feb 22 12:51:37 PST 2003

On Saturday, Feb 22, 2003, at 13:14 US/Central, Christoph Pistor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know this is not the best method, but I got mine open with a regular
> watch maker flat screwdriver.
>
> I also tried to fix a very non responsive Duo 250 keyboard. The person
> who sold it to me told me somebody might have spilled something over
> it once. Now when I took it apart there were these two layers of
> transparent plastic with printed on circuits. They looked corroded to
> me so I lightly sanded them and sprayed some contact cleaner spray on
> them. After I put it back together the improvement was only minor.
>
> Does anybody know of a better method, or a place where I can get a
> chep keyboard??

Hi,

Try this:

http://home.att.net/~JBDUOFAQ/inter.html#keys

If that doesn't work, Ebay.  You need a torx #8 to get the keyboard off.

cheers,

Randy

You can't run a country/By a book of religion/Not by a heap/Or a lump
or a smidgeon/Of foolish rules/Of ancient date/Designed to make/You all
feel great/While you fold, spindle/And mutilate/Those unbelievers/From
a neighboring state --Frank Zappa