[Duo2400] Duo LCD to flat screen monitor? Re

Impmon impmon at tds.net
Sun Feb 23 01:26:15 PST 2003

> Has anyone thought about trying to modify a TFT display from
> a defunct PowerBook  so that it may serve as a flat screen
> monitor?  It seems to me that the mod would be somewhat
> complicated and entirely foolhardy for an unqualified person
> like me to undertake.  Yet...  It seems possible.

It's possible.  I haven't been able to find the pinout diagram for this
model (there is a Sharp LCD module that uses nearly identical model number
but uses VGA frequency.)  You would need 3 4bit ADC chips to convert the Mac
video signal to the digital signal for the LCD and it would only run as Mac
monitor at about 35KHz.