UltraDock 16sc - making CD drive work?

Mike Rohde mike at rohdesign.com
Thu Feb 27 13:47:34 PST 2003

Eric,

> OK, I've got my 280c docked to the Ultradock and I just decided to hookup an
> external CD drive to run my Norton CD.  But it refuses to recognize the CD
> drive.  As in none of my SCSI utilities even sees it as present on the
> chain!  And yes, I've done some extension checking (the drive isn't seen,
> even when extensions are off).  Also, the same drive setup works just fine
> on my MiniDock.  I've checked termination and even swapped out cables.  So
> I'm wondering if there was some trick to getting the UltraDock to recognize
> a CD drive.  TIA.

I wonder if you must have special drivers? I have a small CD reader here for
the Duo that required I use FWB CD Toolkit to boot.

I do know it requires a driver to get Ethernet working properly, so I just
made a guess that maybe there's a driver needed for SCSI too.

Could be way off though. ;-)

Mike

|  Mike Rohde  |  mike at rohdesign.com  |  http://www.rohdesign.com/  |