[Duo2400] Re: UltraDock 16sc - making CD drive work?

Eric L. Strobel fyzycyst at comcast.net
Thu Feb 27 17:59:22 PST 2003

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 2/27/03 4:47 PM, the entity known
as Mike Rohde transmitted the following from mike at rohdesign.com:

>> OK, I've got my 280c docked to the Ultradock and I just decided to hookup an
>> external CD drive to run my Norton CD.  But it refuses to recognize the CD
>> drive.  As in none of my SCSI utilities even sees it as present on the
>> chain!  And yes, I've done some extension checking (the drive isn't seen,
>> even when extensions are off).  Also, the same drive setup works just fine
>> on my MiniDock.  I've checked termination and even swapped out cables.  So
>> I'm wondering if there was some trick to getting the UltraDock to recognize
>> a CD drive.  TIA.
>
> I wonder if you must have special drivers? I have a small CD reader here for
> the Duo that required I use FWB CD Toolkit to boot.
>
> I do know it requires a driver to get Ethernet working properly, so I just
> made a guess that maybe there's a driver needed for SCSI too.
>
> Could be way off though. ;-)

Thanks.  I tried CD SpeedTools driver.  I'll probably try a few others.  But
it's suspicious that the CD drive completely doesn't even show up as being
on the SCSI chain.

- Eric.
--

Eric Strobel (fyzycyst at NOSPAM^mailaps.org)