Start up problem

Larry Friedman larry.s.f at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 3 17:37:00 PST 2003

Here's the problem folks, I partitioned my drive out into two volumes.
One was running 8.1 merrily and I loaded 7.6 on the other. Restarted to
7.6 and it tells me this startup volume won't work with this Mac (every
spec I've read says 7.6 should). The problem I'm running into is that I
can't redirect it back to the 8.1 volume, all I can do is restart to
the same volume. All I have is an external HD with OS9, I'm going to
take it home and hopefully it will shift and start up off that drive.
At start up is there any way for me to force it back to booting from my
8.1 partition? How about forcing it to start from the external HD?

Thanks

Larry