[Duo2400] Problem using Zterm program

mac at ozymandias.unm.edu mac at ozymandias.unm.edu
Sat Jan 4 15:02:17 PST 2003

"Impmon" <impmon at tds.net> writes:

> Why couldn't the Zterm find the serial port?  I have no printer installed (I
> see a "null" on desktop though but not connected to anything) and Appletalk
> was turned off.  So by all account the serial port should have been
> available.  And it had been working before.  I hadn't changed any setting
> other than mouse speed in the control panel.

I seem to recall having a problem with some modem software taking over
my external serial port on a 540C.  You might try disabling the modem
extensions and see if that fixes the problem.  You might also try
using a program called "Terminal."  It's freeware, and you can find it
with a search for terminal-22.hqx .  I use it a few times a year- my
powerbook is *much* lighter than a vt-100!

--
Dana
mac at ozymandias.unm.edu