[Duo2400] Re: We can close this list now! ;-)

francis.fitzpatrick at att.net francis.fitzpatrick at att.net
Tue Jan 7 13:31:27 PST 2003

The new 12 inch PowerBooks are very attractive.  See apple.com for a fuller
description of the new 12 inch PowerBook and its big brother, the 17 inch
PowerBook.

The 12 inch PowerBook, I think, maxes out at a 867 MHz G4 (although it may be
possible to a build your own with a higher speed processor).  You can also
specify the DVD-R SuperDrive.

However, it will NOT have a PC card slot for what is the most convenient and
flexible add-on.

Although I'm a newcomer to this list, I hope it survives.  You have been
extraordinarily helpful -- not only with direct questions but also with a
wealth of information in the various posts.  It IS the friendliest place on the
Internet.  This is "A listserv for users and fans of Mac subportables." and the
new G4 PowerBooks certainly qualify.

Francis Fitzpatrick