[Duo2400] Re: We can close this list now! ;-)

Eric L. Strobel fyzycyst at comcast.net
Tue Jan 7 17:25:47 PST 2003

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 1/7/03 4:31 PM, the entity known
as francis.fitzpatrick at att.net transmitted the following from
francis.fitzpatrick at att.net:

> The new 12 inch PowerBooks are very attractive.  See apple.com for a fuller
> description of the new 12 inch PowerBook and its big brother, the 17 inch
> PowerBook.
>
> The 12 inch PowerBook, I think, maxes out at a 867 MHz G4 (although it may be
> possible to a build your own with a higher speed processor).  You can also
> specify the DVD-R SuperDrive.
>
> However, it will NOT have a PC card slot for what is the most convenient and
> flexible add-on.

I'd have to go back and check on that.  Although I can't conceive of just
what you'd want to add in via PC card that isn't already there.

> Although I'm a newcomer to this list, I hope it survives.  You have been
> extraordinarily helpful -- not only with direct questions but also with a
> wealth of information in the various posts.  It IS the friendliest place on
> the
> Internet.  This is "A listserv for users and fans of Mac subportables." and
> the
> new G4 PowerBooks certainly qualify.

I was, of course, only being facetious.  This list will survive.  At a
minimum, I'll be keeping a Duo 230 with which to run all the *really* old
stuff off my MacPlus...  I suspect, though, that 12" Powerbook users will
have a different list than this.  After all, they MUST run OS X.  And many
of us run OS versions that are MUCH older.

- Eric.
--

Eric Strobel (fyzycyst at NOSPAM^mailaps.org)