[Duo2400] Re: New G4 Powerbook vs the 2400

Eric L. Strobel fyzycyst at comcast.net
Thu Jan 9 11:39:13 PST 2003

on 1/9/03 2:10 PM, Mark A. Kippert at mark at helpmymac.com wrote:

> I still love the 2400, I just need more. Oh yeah, I also love my 280c,
> PowerBook 1400c and a PowerBook 190c. I also still have an assortment of
> 210/230s and a number of parts and accessories. I feel bad that they rarely
> see use anymore, but I just can't give them up.

I think you've hit on the real key.  I still have my MacPlus on a shelf (I
hope to try and see if it boots sometime this year -- it's not been on in
about three years) and I'll be keeping the Duo230 with the MacPlus's HD
copied to it (to run Sys6 & 7 stuff on), and my daughter will be getting one
of the 280c's.  When I get to the point of moving up from the machines I'm
using, I'll try to sell the surplus, but at this point I don't figure a 280c
is going to fetch doodly.  Even the value of a 2400 is soon going to be
below the "decision threshold" for getting one of the new Powerbooks, i.e.,
it's going to make a relatively small dent in whether you can afford the new
machine.

- Eric.
--

Eric Strobel (fyzycyst at NOSPAM^mailaps.org)