Oldies but goodies

Mark A. Kippert mark at helpmymac.com
Thu Jan 9 12:57:04 PST 2003

Eric L. Strobel on 1/9/03 2:39 PM wrote:

> I think you've hit on the real key.  I still have my MacPlus on a shelf (I
> hope to try and see if it boots sometime this year -- it's not been on in
> about three years)

I also have an original Macintosh (no number on the first one). Bought it
for $3 at a thrift store. I was able to download some disk images off the
internet. I had to fire up an old IIci with an 800k floppy drive so that I
could write to a 400k floppy.

It has a perfect screen and the floppy drive sounds sooooo smooth! It just
purrrrrrrs...

It boots in 12 seconds running System 0.97! I opened it up and found that it
had been upgraded to a 512k machine (from it's original 128k). I was
disappointed when I found this because I really wanted a totally stock
original. Someday I'll find time to hook up the 900 pound LaserWriter Plus I
found for it.

-Mark