[Duo2400] Hacks and success on this list

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Sat Jan 11 20:01:28 PST 2003

>From Oz, Rod said>>>
>
>Anyway, here is a list of what I need to do:
>
>1) Replace the internal 1.3gig drive with a 4gig Toshiba drive pulled from a
>333Mhz Lombard.

Rod, back when MCE first started upgrading hard drives in the 2400
they and other folks found the Toshiba to be problematic.  I can't
provide much guidance on model #s, etc., but it was at the time when
4GB was the normal upgrade.  Given that even you can probably buy a
20GB drive down under for $75US, you might consider just putting a
new big one in there...particularly given how deep into the 2400 you
are going to have to go to do this. ;-)  You really only want to do
it once....

>2) Give it Cardbus compatibility.  This model is the one that has the yellow
>jumper wire close to the SO-DIMM slot.

The Japanese sites referenced on mac2400 have the detail. Match your
board to the photos, cross your fingers, and cut.

>3) Fix the mouse clicker, as it is bugging me like there is no tomorrow!

Info and a link for this is on mac2400:Hardware:Peripherals:Input/Clicker

>4) Replace the 5amp fuse on the I/O, next to the battery terminals.

Any takers on this.  I believe it's soldered in.

Cheers....

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 ... http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1759.