PCMICA with the New Little G4 PowerBook

Jake Luck comet at 10k.org
Sat Jan 11 20:52:26 PST 2003

Ivan:

On the 2400, one can currently boot from an external PCMCIA drive, OS9 is
known to work. I haven't experimented with booting OS10 externally, though
the drive is mountable since 10.2. I believe one can boot from an external
USB and FW drives with the New World firmware. Would someone please verify
this?

http://www.addonics.com/products/flash_memory_reader/pocket_udd.asp

Here is a link of such a product. It supports both USB and Firewire. So
this might just give enough incentive for one to migrate from a 2400 to
the new 12" Powerbook.

jake