[Duo2400] Re: Al/PB-12" Production Model Testing

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 13 08:43:23 PST 2003

It's not the hardware. The Apple Store's demo software had a modified
Energy Saver preference panel that lacked the lower popup menu for
switching processor performance from reduced to highest when the power
adapter was plugged in. The 867 MHz I was testing ran at the reduced
667 MHz no matter what I selected in the upper popup menu including
"Highest Performance". I discovered this AFTER I had posted a review
that said the 867 TiBook was slower than the 800 TiBook. :-(

I suspect this may also be the reason for Rob's slower than expected
results.

On Monday, January 13, 2003, at 07:28 AM, francis.fitzpatrick at att.net