[Duo2400] Re: PCMICA with the New Little G4 PowerBook

Ivan Drucker ivanxqz at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 13 12:42:01 PST 2003

Wow, I learned something new: USB booting is indeed possible. I just had
no idea.

However, this Apple knowledge base article seems to suggest that Yikes
(PCI) machines can't do it; the feature was introduced with slot-loading
iMacs and Sawtooth (AGP) G4's. (not that I'm trying to spoil the party,
but I thought you would want to know before you bang your head against
any walls).

Ivan.