Booting from USB (was Re: PCMICA with the New Lil' G4 PB)

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Mon Jan 13 21:34:12 PST 2003

On 1/13/03 "Marcelus G. Zalotti" <magiozal at bol.com.br>wrote:

>on 1/13/03 18:21, Dan K at macdan at comcast.net wrote:
>
>> I was just looking for FW-booting-info for a friend and came upon the
>> delightful news that his Yikes (PCI) G4 was the first Mac capable of
>> booting from the USB bus.
>

>Really? Have you tested it? I've never heard about this before...

No I haven't tried booting a Yikes from a USB device. I hope I didn't
commit that horrid fauxpas of quoting an unreliable source.
IMHE(xperience), LowEndMac is usually quite reliable for "This Sort Of
Thing".

<http://www.lowendmac.com/ppc/g4.shtml>

In any case, does anyone really want to boot from a USB device anyway?
And more to the point, no on-topic PB here can do it, right?

Dan K