[Duo2400] Re: Expanding the list -- not closing it.

chuck goolsbee cglist at mac-mgrs.org
Tue Jan 14 19:24:54 PST 2003

>All that said, if I buy a Al/PB-12, I really would rather come here
>than anywhere else to acquire the knowledge and wisdom of guys like
>Sidney Ho, Chuck Goolsbee,
<snip>

Ralph, I'm flattered. =)

That said though... both Sidney & I have been rather absent of late.
I can't speak for Sidney, but I only hang around out of habit. My 2
2400c's have been sitting idle (gasp!) for several months, and I
haven't touched a Duo in years. I've considered unsubscribing because
I'm not really contributing much anymore.

As for the new 12" model:
When I first saw the 12" G4 in the keynote I was *very* tempted. But
once I held one in my hands the lust evaporated. My TiBook, as
gigantic as it is, has all the features I need and the 12" G4 is
missing (notably a PC Card slot). The new 12" G4 is basically an
iBook in a new skin with a G4 cpu. That is not enough to get me to
buy one.

*If* Apple ever adds the backlit keyboard, I wil seriously consider it. =)

I *had* to move to a OS X capable laptop almost a year ago, and the
TiBook was really the only choice.

--
--chuck goolsbee
geek wrangler,   digital.forest inc,   bothell, wa  <http://www.forest.net>