Laptop power requirements in Spain?

Drew Johnson captain_drew at alphabreeze.net
Thu Jan 16 18:03:02 PST 2003

What can anyone tell me about the electric power requirements for using
a laptop in Spain?

My daughter's Dell has the same type of power cord in-line AC to DC
converter as does our PowerBook 2400c. These say "Input: 110-240 V AC"

The power coming out of the wall in her dorm is 220 V. What -if any
other considerations need we consider?

Can she simply plug the laptop's power cord into the Spanish adapter (2
round pegs) and plug it into the wall with no fear of damaging the
circuitry?

Or need we worry about frequency (Mhz) or any other issues? The
literature that comes with these travel electric adapters is sparse and
the university has certainly not been forthcoming with any help
regarding conversion issues.

Muchas Gracias