[Duo2400] Question: Portable printers for UK/Europe

Bon Davis bon at drumgods.net
Thu Jan 23 06:42:38 PST 2003

Hi
'I am not sure about European power compatibility but Try to find a
GCC WriteMove II
http://gcctech.co.uk/

GCC is still making laser printers and they still have lots of FAQs
on the printer even though it has been unsupported for years now.
Lots of info there.
http://gccprinters.com/support/faqs.html

i got one on ebay for about $40 and it works nicely with my 2400.
The Drivers are for system 7 and still on the webstie. They work with
OS 8.6 on the 2400.

I am working on a rewired cable adapter to use try this printer with
a serial usb adaper on the Ti-book and OS 9. I do not expect OS X to
have drivers.

i t is a tiny thermal printer. Manual feed one page at a time , 8/12
by 11, maybe A4 size? Serial port and Battery built in.  it uses a
special ribbon that is good for 80 pages or will use thermal fax
paper w/o ribbon. Ribbons should be available from Manufacturer.
but I got mine from a US reseller at $4 each. MacVizion at aol.com
they say it will work with a Citizen brand ribbon.

It will also "sort of" work off a power book power supply in a pinch.
a powerbook 170 as  i recall.

------
I bought an HP inkjet ?something writer? 340.
it was serial via a specila adapter from the parallel port and had
battery, the size was good and it was portable. But it was MUCh
bigger than the little minimalist WriteMove II. I lost it before I
could test it! I can't figure ? stolen maybe?

let me know if i can be of more help.

--
====    Bon V. Davis II  =  bon at drumgods.net =========