[Duo/2400] airline adapters

wayne ingalls ingallsw at frontiernet.net
Sat Jan 25 20:07:40 PST 2003

Donald asked:
> Do any of you frequent fliers know how to find out if you will travel
> on
> planes with power?
> Which do, which don't or is it an airline thing or do they only have
> them
> in 1st?

Last time I was on American (January 1), flying in coach class, there
was
a guy with a PC laptop who was looking for a power outlet so he could
play
a DVD. He asked one of the flight attendants if there was power at his
seat.
I heard the attendant say that almost all the rows have outlets, usually
one per group of seats and they're buried under the seat. The attendant
checked his seat and said that he happened to be seated in one of the
few rows without an outlet. Since the guy's wife was in a different row
he was able to trade his seat with someone else and end up with both
a power outlet and a chance to sit next to his wife for the flight.

If you can't get good information from the web sites that others have
provided, try calling the airline to see if they have better
information.
 From the sounds of it, American pretty much has laptop power outlets
throughout all of their planes. I'm not sure about their commuter
airline
partners though (Am. Eagle). I'd imagine that if they have outlets the
other major carriers would have them or be thinking about installing
them too.

hth
-wayne