[Duo2400] Re: Problems with 2300c

ElBrio at aol.com ElBrio at aol.com
Sat Jan 25 20:30:21 PST 2003

In a message dated 1/25/03 9:56:11 PM Eastern Standard Time, impmon at tds.net
writes:

<< I believe the SCSI disk mode only works when you have a SCSI drive inside
 but since you have IDE drive, that won't work.  You could replace that with
 SCSI drive but finding 2.5" SCSI drive bigger than 500MB would be a miracle.

No, this only refers to the fact that the Duo acts as a SCSI drive on the
SCSI chain of the other unit.  Strange drivers can cause this....other than
that, not sure of other causes for a lack of connection.  One note.....a
partition larger than 4 gig will also cause problems...not the situation in
this case, but just FYI.

Easy to make the above assumption, tho.  The 2300 DOES have an IDE drive.

As for ethernet, several 'Listers have had problems with certain models of
Enet adapters and 2300's.  I'm sure someone will chime in with the data
((grin))

Good luck with the Duo!
Andrew