[Duo2400] Re: 2400 audio queries

Ivan. ivanxqz at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 08:20:22 PST 2003

Sure. I agree, headphone output should be avoided if possible if
line-level is available.

For those with money to burn, there is one PC Card that I know of that
offers professional grade audio input to a 2400 (or any other Mac with a
PC card slot). It's the Digigram VxPocket (the v2 is the 2-channel model,
and the 440 is the 4-channel model). They even have Mac OS X drivers.
It's several hundred dollars, however.
http://www.digigram.com/products/getinfo.htm?prod_key=9000

I might try out using the USB card/iMic solution to see if it works -- I
actually have been very happy with the iMic on my iBook, it's a great
product. (The Griffin iMic provides a line/mic input and a line output to
a USB interface -- vital for 'Books that don't have line in. It's
basically a small outboard D/A converter, and a very good one for $35.
http://www.griffintechnology.com)

Ivan.