[Duo2400] best subnote for writer?

Larry Friedman larry.s.f at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 27 10:36:24 PST 2003

After getting the 2400 you may find yourself doing more work on it than
you originally thought. This is true for most Macs (especially
Powerbooks) you will find tasks to do on it. For just writing either
the 280c or 2400 will do (I remember Nisus writer running at a really
good pace on my pre-PPC Performa), but the 2400 has the benefit of a
larger, higher resolution screen which means you can fit more of the
paper on it. Just perusing eBay will show that for sheer budgetary
constraints you can't beat a Duo. There are obvious benefits the 2400
has over the Duos

I had queried this list ad-nauseum about my "Duo versus 2400" choice, I
got the 2400 and I am finding that it deals with modern software rather
well. And its the regular 180 mhz version. It is a little smaller and a
little thicker than the Duos and I haven't noticed any difference in
toting it around. As a matter it fits in my Motorcycle's tank bag
easily, and I tote it pretty much everywhere so I can have something to
fiddle with. The same is not true for my TiBook.

I still have the responses from my query and will email them to you. It
should answer your questions about Duo versus 2400.

~ Larry