[Duo2400] Re: 2400 audio queries

Ivan Drucker ivanxqz at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 30 13:14:00 PST 2003

Right. That adapter only worked for Macs which used the Omni microphone,
such as the Duos. (I think the line-level/PlainTalk inputs started
arriving at around the time of the PCI machines, but I do not know for
sure). You don't need it for the 2400, because the 2400 has a line level
input already. The Apple adapter attenuated line level down to mic level,
which the Omni-mic machines required.

The good news is that you can get the desired function with any
RCA->stereo-mini cable which you could get at any Radio Shack (the cable
you'd use to plug a portable CD player into a receiver, except perhaps
with female RCA jacks instead).

Ivan.