[Duo2400] Re: ADB to USB?

Clark Martin cmmac at sonic.net
Wed Jul 2 09:24:14 PDT 2003

At 12:51 AM -0400 7/2/2003, Scott Holder wrote:
>At 06:33 AM 7/2/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>>Ivan,
>>you wouldn't find the auction because it is on German ebay. This is the
>>link:
>>http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2739517818&category=171&rd
>>=1
>>To me the picture shows indeed an adapter with one ADB and two USB
>>connectors.
>>Edgar
>
>I only see one USB port on the back.
>
>It's a shame he doesn't show you the other side. I'd bet, very
>strongly, that it's actually a PS/2 to USB adapter that allows
>dual-use mice, likely by Microsoft, to use USB or PS/2 ports. A PS/2
>port looks very much like an ADB port, the only difference is the
>angle of the little middle plastic post. Someone who knows German
>better than I do might drop him a line and see if he can give a
>picture of the other side. You'll notice the Mouse symbol on the
>seller's picture on the PS/2/ADB end, and the USB symbol on the USB
>end. I'd bet if it were ADB you'd see the typical ADB symbol.

It is PS/2.   That is the symbol used on PS/2 for the mouse port.
It's not a PS/2 to USB adapter but simply a connector adapter that
connects a USB / PS/2 mouse to a PS/2 port.  The mouse can talk to
either USB or PS/2 and this adapter is included to make the
electrical connection to a PS/2 port.  I have one of the adapters
laying around somewhere.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA