[Duo2400] PC card - Duo Laptop conumdrum...

Clark Martin cmmac at sonic.net
Wed Jul 2 09:38:16 PDT 2003

At 9:34 AM -0400 7/2/2003, COCCORP at aol.com wrote:
>(I AM SURE THIS topic has been brought up before...?)
>
>I have been reading a recent discussion regarding using flash memory cards,
>w/ PC card adapters, in PC card slots as a way to use virtual RAM (and even as
>a HD) in PC Card usin' powerbooks....
>
>NOW I am "hot in the tushie(!)" to find a way to use a PC card in ... a Duo!!
>
>Here be my questions....
>
>1) Surely there are external PC card readers that connect via SCSI ports to
>provide PC card abilities to early powerbooks?

Addtron (IIRC) made a SCSI to PC Card reader for the Mac.  I don't
know if it will work with anything besides memory cards.  This is an
external unit, I've not heard of any internal units.

>2) Assuming #1 is a "yes" shouldn't there also be a way to use a PC card
>modem with a duo? or is there a software problem w/ that idea?
>
>3) Would it be possible to replace the SCSI HD in a Duo 210-280c with a PC
>card reader, for a large Flash Card w/ a PC card adapter? (and to that end...)
>
>4) On the Duo 2300c's Mobo, there is a SCSI and a IDE connector for HDs. I am
>wondering would it be possible to make the internal SCSI HD connector into a
>PC card reader?

There are IDE to PC Card adapters that are basically just a pair of connectors.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA