[Duo2400] Re: SCSI PC Card readers for Macintosh.

Eric L. Strobel fyzycyst at comcast.net
Tue Jul 8 20:17:23 PDT 2003

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 7/8/03 6:14 PM, the entity known
as Ivan Drucker transmitted the following from ivanxqz at yahoo.com:

> In theory, I guess a Newton driver could be written to support an ATA
> disk, and there are enough hackers out there that I wouldn't be half
> surprised if it's been done. Personally, though, I'd rather use the slot
> in the eMate (even though there appears to be two slots, it's really only
> one) for a 802.11 card -- and I know there have been drivers written to
> support those. But then, I left the Newton universe long ago...

No theory about it!  ATA support and 802.11b wireless are an achieved fact
on the Newt.  The Newton developer community is pretty darn active for
something Steve-o axed so long ago!

- Eric.
--

Eric Strobel (fyzycyst at NOSPAM^mailaps.org)