[Duo2400] 2300C won't boot in Duo Dock or Duo Dock Plus-Please help!

Gregg Eshelman g_alan_e at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 00:37:33 PDT 2003

--- Art Rice <artrice66 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> 2300C works standalone, but not in Duo Dock (M7779)
> or
> Duo Dock Plus (M1585). I get a Sad Mac face with
> error
> codes 000000F and 00000001. I get the same error
> with
> both docks. My "Fix Your Own Mac" book says that
> means
> software exception and bus error. I don't know what
> that means. The previous owner of the Duo Dock said
> it
> worked with a Duo 230. The 2300C manual says it
> needs a Duo Dock Plus.

Do the docks have the expanded VRAM? How about an FPU?
You don't need the FPU in the dock with the 2300C.

If the Dock has the expanded VRAM (the SIMM near the
back) remove it and see what happens. Removing the
FPU is trickier. Ideally you should use a PLCC chip
puller to avoid damaging the socket, but with care it
is possible to use a pair of icepicks or tiny
flatblade
screwdrivers to remove it. Just don't let them gouge
across the board when the chip pops out.

=====
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." Hiro Protagonist