[Duo2400] Duo 210: A way to test the display if the battery isdie.

Grizzly grizzlygiant1 at stic.net
Mon Jul 21 11:30:04 PDT 2003

orbital wrote:

> Duo 210:
>
> I have bought a Powerbook Duo 210 with the DuoDock but the battery it´s died
> and the only way it works it's inside the dock and atached to my Performa so
> I have no idea if the display works.
>
> Can you give me information about the power adapter jack? the kind of jack
> or the poles...
> Or do you know a way to test the display? I can take off the DuoDock cover
> and operate the powerbook inside (the trackball, keyboard, watch the green
> led) but the display it's of.
>
> Sincerely
>
> Moises Mariscal (SPAIN)

Hello Moises:

The easiest thing to do is buy a power supply.  There are two that I
know will work, Apple number is M7783 and it puts out 24V at 1.04A.  The
second is M2693. It puts out 24V at 1.5A.  I believe the power connector
is a standard one that you should be able to find at a local electronics shop.

You also might be able to get the battery to work by sticking two sewing
needles into the (+) and (-) contacts on the battery and then connecting
it (using wires with alligator clips) to a standard battery charger.
That will get some charge in that battery and allow the Duo to use it if
the battery is any good at all.  If the charge stays around 100-300
millivolts after 24 hours of charging, then it is truly dead.

Use a charger between 12V-17V DC with output of 0.1-1 AMP and let it
charge until you see about 12V using a voltmeter or multimeter.

If you don't understand this, then email me with your questions and I
will give you a much more detailed description with explanations, but it
will take some time.

Also, the swap list is a good place to find the power supplies.

Sincerely yours, Grizzlygiant