[Duo2400]

Bill Judson jutso at ripco.com
Tue Jul 22 06:52:49 PDT 2003

> Personally, I have tried both the trackpad and ball for over a month
> each and I find the trackpad to be more precise if I use the "finger on"
> method where my finger is left on the pad when I click.  The trackball
> is faster, but less precise because it tends to roll as I try to click.
> The one _real_ advantage to the trackball setup on the 230 Duo I use is
> that there are _two_ click pads, above and below the ball, which means
> when my thumb gets tired of clicking, I can use my other fingers (for c>
licking)

> Sincerely yours, Grizzlygiant

While we're on the subject of trackballs, anybody have any advice on how
to open up the trackball assembly itself?

I have a 270c whose trackball seems to have lost its grip, especially when
moved vertically -- often it will just spin & spin without grabbing
whatever it is it is supposed to grab. I imagine that it's like a desktop
trackball, in that there are little rollers that occasionally get gunked
up, as with mice.

Maybe I'm wrong; I have the service manual, but there doesn't seem to be
anything specific about how to get into & under the trackball itself (as
opposed to removing the assembly as a whole). Thanks,

--
Over,

        Jutso

	http://pages.ripco.net/~jutso/