farewell folks.

chuck goolsbee cglist at mac-mgrs.org
Sat Jun 7 12:42:57 PDT 2003

OK, I think I've been on this list for almost 5 years (IIRC I
subscribed about a month after it started), but I just realized this
morning I haven't actually *read* it since early March. I haven't
used my 2400c's in over a year now since I moved to my Ti. The
infamous green 2400c is dismantled in my closet... awaiting some time
from me to resuscitate from it's last demise, the spare part machine
is in my desk drawer at work. I guess I'm not really a 2400 user
anymore. I have too much mail to read as it is...

So I guess it is time to say goodbye.

I will say this list has always lived up to the tagline "The
friendliest place on the Net!"... I was here when that quote was
first uttered:

At 21:25 -0800 3/16/99, Timothy Sales wrote:
>Hey everybody,
>
>I just want to say that this is the friendliest place on the Net.

...and in so many ways it is still true.

I have met (or gotten to know better) some really cool folks here:

* Eric the list mom.

* Ralph & Ashish of course.
The Mac2400 site convinced me to buy one

* Sydney
We *are* going to run One Lap someday, right Sydney?

* Brandy
Who never fails to entertain! If you ever get up to the Seattle area
let me know Brandy - we can take the E-type for a spin... you can
drive.

* Woz
Long gone from the list I think, but who graciously allowed me to set
up a meeting between himself and my then summer intern Tom Owad of
AppleFritter.com fame. Everyone should get the chance to meet one of
their heros.

* Ivan Drucker
Who posted the first 2400c take-apart instructions IIRC.

* All the Mod'ers
Especially Peter Liethen & Dr. Bob - without their encouragement and
examples the green 2400c would never have existed!

* Of course all the folks whose precious PowerBooks they allowed me
to fix or modify for them. Two stand out in memory though and deserve
mention. Brian Kameoka, who I did some upgrades for, and who
presented me with the most unusual gift in exchange. And "RLF" who
turned me into a verb. =)

I'm pretty sure that I will always retain the ability to disassemble,
repair, modify, paint, and upgrade 2400c's, so I'm still willing to
perform CPU, RAM, disk upgrades, as well as those famous "goolsbeed"
cooling copper heatsink mods. So Ralph, leave me up on the Mac2400
site for that, OK?

If *any* of you ever see me at a MacWorld Expo or whatever stop and
say "hi"... The "friendliest place" should extend to the real world
as well. =)

See ya.

--
--chuck goolsbee