[Duo2400] Re: latest installment of the 280c saga

Steve Sharpe sbsharpe at dramex.org
Sat Jun 7 17:07:22 PDT 2003

>>I left it in the computer all day with the adapter plugged
>>in...still would not charge.
>
>Yep.... nasty bad.  You are going to have to try and SuperCharger2
>it.  Does it show any corrosion or leakage ?

No, it's new in the box, looks gorgeous. Old stock, I suspect.

>>I think you are right. After thrashing around with it for the past
>>few days I booted it up a half hour ago with the intention of
>>reinstalling my OS onto the duo drive...and there was the dock drive
>>on my desktop! I think there is something loose inside the dock.
>
>Take the dock apart and rebuild it.  its the only way to be sure.

I suspect you are right. I've been in contact with the seller of the
dock...he's  a local guy in the MUG and I know him personally. He
thinks it might have been the surge/drain from the evil battery that
caused the drive problem. He thinks its had a chance to reset itself
now. I'm going to wait and see before I go taking the thing to pieces.

>>As for the floppy, it is still dead, but I can live without that.
>
>A good cleaning should fix that.  Take it out, take it apart and dust
>it out good.  Relubricate the mechanical parts with teflon lube.

I'll give it a try if I end up having to take the dock apart to fix
the hard drive.

--
Steve
sbsharpe at dramex.org