Sony VAIO CD-ROM drive with PB2400

Joe LeKostaj jm_lekostaj at attglobal.net
Mon Jun 16 07:48:04 PDT 2003

I posted here a couple of weeks ago about trying to use a Sony
PCGA-CD5 external CD-ROM drive from a VAIO laptop with a PB2400c.
Thanks to everyone who replied.

Since then, I've tried 3 different drivers* and none of them has worked! :-(
I still can only see the icon for the PC card (labeled "NinjaATA") on
the desktop, but can never mount a CD. One person suggested a
particular ResEdit hack, but I'm totally clueless about using ResEdit.

Anyone got a spare external drive that they know works with a 2400? ;-)

(* Toast CD Reader v5.1, CD ROM Toolkit 3.02, and APS CD-ROM Extension 1.3.1)
Am using a PB2400c/180  80MB RAM  OS 8.5 .

-Joe