Cache reviewed + Memory idea

thebob at arion.ocn.ne.jp thebob at arion.ocn.ne.jp
Tue Jun 17 17:27:48 PDT 2003

My 2400c G3/240/512 4Gb/80Mb

Thanks to everyone who sent ideas about my non-functioning cache I've now
tried the enablers at technowarehouse and the OWC one, but to no avail.

If any one has the Nupowr G3 card running with 9.1 could you tell me what
works please.

I suppose that the cache might really be defective, any body had
experience with this?

Memory idea.

I am thinking of buying a 256Mb compact flash card with a PC card
adapter. Then I would map my virtual memory to this card. Because of the
speed of the card compared with the HD I am expecting a speed increase
not to mention extended battery life.

Any comments?

I think it would also greatly aid battery life if I install a minimal
system and with relevant applications for my road trips, on to a RAM disc
on this card, remembering of course to save regularly to the HD.

Any drawbacks, comments?

Bob.

" I'll but an iBook when my Comet is finally laid to rest "