[Duo2400] pw 280c

Eric L. Strobel fyzycyst at comcast.net
Tue Jun 24 05:48:03 PDT 2003

on 06/24/03 5:03 AM, Roger Gouin at roger at islandnet.com wrote:

> I'd like to put pw security on my 280c disk but no 3rd prty sw I've
> tried will allow me to update the driver. Is that a rule or sumpin?
> Anybody done it bfor?
> Any suggestion for security?

Silverlining and (I'm fairly sure) Harddisk Toolkit will do what you want.
But be VERY careful, since if you forget THAT password, you'll have to
reformat your disk.

If you're really wanting security, though, that's a good way to go, as
pretty much all other solutions I've seen can be circumvented by someone
with a moderate level of Mac savvy.

Yet another alternative is to use something like PGP to just encrypt what
you absolutely need to keep secure.

- Eric.
--

Eric Strobel (fyzycyst at NOSPAM^mailaps.org)