Duo Dock HD's

Milton Lukins Milton at MiltonLukins.com
Tue Jun 24 11:32:22 PDT 2003

Hi Brandy and friends,

While the list is slow I thought I would bring this up.

I put the HD from a PowerMac 7200 (500 MB, OS 7.6.1) in a Duo Dock.  I also
put the HD from a Power Mac 6100 (500 MB, OS 8.6) in a Duo Dock II.  When I
put the 2300c (773 MB HD, OS 8.1) in the first dock everything works fine
and it will boot from both drives.  In the second dock, when I try to boot
from the dock drive I get the BOMB.  It says "Code fragment cannot be
prepared."  If I try again with extensions off I get "The Finder could not
start up because a problem occurred initializing the following system
library:  >>ObjectSupportLib<<".
It goes on to say I need to start up using the CD or floppy disks that came
with the computer which I do not have.  The only place I have found
>>ObjectSupportLib<< is on the 7.6.1 HD Extensions folder.  It will still boot
with Extensions off.  I put the HD back in the 6100 (where it was working
fine before) and get the same result.

Now what?

--
Milton Lukins