Duo 280c and modem issue

Brian Getz briang113 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 11:39:42 PDT 2003

Well, I have run out of options to fix this modem.

I have come to the conclusion that the modem has some
serious issues.

I was able to hook up and external modem and connect
after turning off appletalk extension( it would not
release he modem/printer port any other way.

I did a clean install of the OS 8.1 installed all
software updates I could find did evry extension
variation possible. Whan I hook the modem through a
analog data port on a multiline phone, the line light
never comes on. It is not acessing the phone line
(taking it off the hook to get dial tone.)

So unless someone want to take this 280c off my hands.
We can come up with a fair price. Laptop with no modem
not very usefull to me anyway. I may try the digital
picture frame remodel.

It is a nice system even without the modem.

Duo 280c
OS 8.1
32 MB off ram
1 Gig(IBM DPRS-21215 1160 mb) drive (currently
partioned into 2 equal part)
1 dead pixel
Case is cosmetically almost perfect a few small
scratches
a couple of the keys stick a little but not too bad.
the battery doesn't hold a charge for more than 2
minutes. It is a NiMH. I tried the battery recondition
software but it would not work.
There is no AC Adapter, I am using my 2400 adapter, I
need to keep it.
There are some on Ebay ($10) which I will need to get
if I picture frame it.

Thanks to all who tries to help.

Brian

> Hey, I just remembered you need some sort of update
> to run this
> software with MacOs8.1 check with Apple's site or
> here:  (you may have
> to paste this URL back together)

http://www.sims.berkeley.edu/~jwang/pitstop/GeoPort/Geoport-EM_3.1.1_Update.txt

=====