[Duo2400] Re: rotary phones

Donna Bowers me at blacktauna.com
Wed Jun 25 12:50:41 PDT 2003

on 6/25/03 1:19 PM, Eric L. Strobel at fyzycyst at comcast.net scripsit:

> on 06/25/03 1:17 PM, mko at nt.net at mko at nt.net wrote:
>
>>> Dialing should most likely be "tone" unless your
>>> phones have a big round dial thingy on the front with several finger
>>> sized holes arranged in a circle ;-).
>>
>> Hey, no joke! I have one at home, and one at the shop.
>> I had a young client (20's) in the shop last year who asked
>> to use the phone, and when I pointed it out to him, said:
>> "What the hell is that?"
>
> I didn't know there were still any phone exchanges that still supported the
> old pulse dialing equipment.
My parents still have pulse. A damn pain when trying to install earthlink
for them, let me tell you. Only 1 line and pulse... Fortunately, I had to my
cell and could track down someone who could give me their dns numbers...
Also fortunately I knew how to set it all up by hand as the cd is set for
tone only and there was no way around it...

Imagine the annoyance when getting sent to voicemail or the infamous 'press
1 to continue'....

Donna
me at blacktauna.com
"Sure he looks good naked and handcuffed, with his pants around his ankles,
but then who wouldn't?"

"Looking forward to post-slaughter booze up" - Ringwraith #5

http://www.blacktauna.com/slash - Tauna's Slash Den
http://www.girlsguidetohkmovies.com - The Girl's Guide to Hong Kong
Movies(c)