[Duo2400] Re: ADB to USB?

Brandy Bender brandybndr at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 29 01:53:51 PDT 2003

Its ok to be skeptical, just not negative,  If you remember when the iMac
first came out there were adapters made for this and that even those are
hard to find now.  The problem is investment even if a card is developed  to
run USB / Nubus who's going to to buy them, and would it be compatible with
all models  (Not even processor companies can match all machines such as
6100 will upgrade to G3 to where as a 62XX and 6300 won't but a 6360 will,
so what works with one may not work with another model...  (always going to
be something)  cost would be more that it would be to go on eBay and buy and
iMac that has usb already Plus a G3 processor.  Computers are old and
outdated in 6 months or less.  First it was USB 1 now its USB 2,  firewire
has transformed also.  The consumer has a never ending Catch up game going
on with manufactures.  I spent 1.5 million in the last year (don't gasp
that's a good price) upgrading our systems and in a few years I'll have to
do it again to keep we need the cutting edge and computers like older models
of PPC (PCI) or even the 333 G3 Imacs, Blue/White G3 Servers or the G4
Sawtooths just couldn't cut  it anymore.  But it's also a good thing that
Mac has a great re-sale price if they are at least somewhat upgrade-able.
You can get a 6100 for $10-$20 bucks and a PCI model for about $100 or less.
  We sold off our 333 iMacs for $200 a each.  And all but 31 of them we
bought by employees.

When I got it to work... was a couple of years ago and the parts are hard to
find now, the communication sucked. I only got it to work twice and then not
for long.  It takes a combination of hubs. switches gender changers and
allot of patience...  Then it works for a 5 -10 few minutes and you get all
excited them boom it crashes, never tried it with a keyboard my trial was
with a USB CD,  The computer would freeze like a rock, but for 5 your in
heaven.

ncc1701 at mindspring.com wrote:
Well, I just threw out a 6100 randomly. Any non-PCI PPC would do. x100, x200
except the 7200, x300 except the 7300.
I'm still fairly skeptical of this working, so I suppose you could even try
it on a PCI Mac.
Scott Holder