Loose connection on Powerbook Duo 2300c

Richard Bussone richardbussone at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 29 07:09:41 PDT 2003

My wife has a Powerbook Duo 2300c that has quit working.  The problem
seems to be in the port where the ac adaptor plugs in.  The battery no
longer works at all and when I try to start it from the AC adaptor, the
power will come on and off depending on the position of the adaptor in
the port.  I have tried a new AC adaptor and the problem is the same.

I am wondering if the port can be easily replaced or if it is a
complicated and expensive job.  I don't even know how much the computer
is worth.  She uses it mostly for word processing and it has served her
well.  What are her options?

Thanks for your help.
Rich