[Duo2400] Re: Loose connection on Powerbook Duo 230

Tom and Lisa P gionpeters at comcast.net
Sun Jun 29 16:17:39 PDT 2003

>Thanks Mad Dog for the information.  I'll give it a try.  I don't
>have a solder gun, but it sounds like I need to get one.  I am not
>even sure how to get the computer open, it looks like the screws
>require a special screw driver or will a small philips head work?
>
>Thanks again
>Rich

You will need a torx-8 screwdriver.   For a how-to to dismantle, see:

http://www.genchan.com/

and click the duo links.

All you should have to do is get a 25-30 watt iron, and a little
silver-tin solder (its slightly more expensive and much better for
electronics than regular solder and can be found at RadioShack).

Heat each pad on the AC adapter plug on the motherboard and work in a
little fresh solder.  Do this for each of the three legs on the plug.
Hopefully, that should fix your problem.

Mad Dog