[Duo2400] Re: UltraDock 16sc - making CD drive work?

Eric L. Strobel fyzycyst at comcast.net
Sun Mar 2 15:22:24 PST 2003

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 3/1/03 8:26 PM, the entity known
as Marc Sira transmitted the following from toh at victoria.tc.ca:

> Note that the original poster wasn't able to see the drive on the bus with
> a SCSI tool (Mt. Everything or similar), in which case a different driver
> won't help, because it won't see it either when it loads. It sounded offhand
> like typical SCSI cabling voodoo, or perhaps an interaction between the
> bus controller in the Ultradock and the drive. Not uncommon, and usually
> resolved either by swapping device order and cabling, or giving up in
> frustration. ;)  Thank goodness for Firewire...

Since I swapped out cables, then I'm pretty much concluded that it's bus
controller funkiness.  Since the CD drive is the only thing attached,
changing order is a little tough.  I've tried changing IDs to no avail.

Beginning to think there's no such thing as a working minidock of any kind.
On my Apple minidocks, only one of the combined total of four serial ports
ever worked right, even if with all the Appletalk/printer/etc. settings
finagled in the correct ways.  The first UltraDock I got wouldn't see
anything on the SCSI chain, but I figured this one was OK when it saw my
SyQuest EZFlyer 230.  Oh well.

Thanks all.

- Eric.
--

Eric Strobel (fyzycyst at NOSPAM^mailaps.org)